ARCHITECT and JOB CAPTAIN
In a profession where the achievements of the firm are only equal to the quality of its people, LRS Architects stands out. If you thrive in a culture of reliability, honesty and respect, we want to meet you.
What are we looking for?
Soft skills we look for in employees:
- The ability to jump into our architectural process quickly and collaboratively
- A personality that obtains and retains the respect of colleagues and clients
- Humility and a passion for teaching their craft
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- A commitment to design excellence
We seek to fill the following full time positions based in our Portland, OR office:
- Architect minimum 8 years of experience
- Job Captain minimum 5 years of experience
What will you be doing here?
- Mentor project staff and review team member’s work
- Collaborate with clients on design and details of the project
- Oversee design detailing and refinement
- Coordinate working drawings
- Coordinate with project consultants
Essential credentials include:
- Architecture degree
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCad
- Experience on Podium style Multifamily, Senior Housing and/or Retail projects a plus
- Design sensibilities and construction document skills
- Knowledge of building systems and detailing
- Ability and experience editing specifications
- Proven communication skills with colleagues, consultants and clients
- Project Consultant coordination skills
Voted one of the Top Work Places in Oregon, LRS Architects offers a generous benefit package, respects our staff’s work life balance and has a fun work environment (ask about Thirsty Thursday, hula hoop breaks and yoga on the roof deck). Our broad portfolio spans over 40 years and includes, housing, commercial, retail, office, hospitality, civic and retail. We offer the collective experience of over 120 brilliant people, including 6 in our Shanghai, China Office. We are a diverse collection of architectural and interior design professionals who are as dedicated to our clients as we are to each other.
Please forward your cover letter, resume, and URL/Portfolio to Calista Fitzgerald at email@example.com. No phone calls please.