TEMPLETON

Portland, Oregon

  • Originally built in 1930
  • Historic landmark status facilitated by LRS in 2012
  • 16,500 SF, three-story adaptive re-use building, divided into five flexible creative office spaces and a restaurant space, while preserving much of the original interior
  • Design allowed the building to bypass seismic upgrades, saving a significant amount of money
  • Preserved the original concrete wall system, high-bay exposed wood truss ceilings, and steel columns, as well as the original cage elevator
  • New entrance, stair, and lobby on the East side of the building
  • Historically significant Burnside entrance was carefully returned to the original design