In a profession where the achievements of the firm are only equal to the quality of its people, LRS Architects stands out. If you thrive in a culture of reliability, honesty and respect, we want to meet you.
What are we looking for?
LRS Architects is seeking a full-time billing specialist to join our administrative team. We value a positive, supportive environment and a great work-life balance. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented with a background in accounting, ideally in the architectural or professional service industry.
This position is responsible for a variety of accounting and clerical activities. We require strong customer service skills and the ability to communicate with numerous sources and positions of authority. Accuracy and problem solving are critical.
- Prepare client invoices and meet with Project & Billing Managers to review
- Produce invoice backup if required
- Record and enter in-house expenses
- Enter and maintain sub-consultants in accordance with corporate standards
- Enter and maintain clients in accordance with corporate standards
- Enter sub-consultant invoices into accounting system
- Review pay-when-paid sub-consultant invoices for payment
- Maintain Project Lifecycle – from start-up, contracts through close-out in accordance with corporate standards
- Photocopy client invoices, mail, email following instructions for project specific requirements, supporting documents, lien waivers, etc.
- Maintain billing files with contracts, final and draft invoices and related correspondence
- Assist in sending of our W9’s and Certificates of Insurance (COI’s) to clients
- Assist with maintaining clean data in accounting system (addresses, project data, etc.)
- Assist with front desk coverage if needed
Minimum Required Experience
- Associate Degree
- At least one year accounting experience
- Familiarity of architectural process/project accounting
- Strong computer skills: Excel, Word. Experience with Deltek/Ajera is a plus
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Maintain privacy and security of records
- Detailed data entry
- Accuracy and problem solving are critical to this position
We work in a fast-paced office setting with frequent interruptions and the need to work with a diversity of people. There is an expectation to work overtime during certain times of the year.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Please send a résumé, cover letter and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LRS Architects is an equal opportunity employer.